I do this blog for fun, the wines here are some of the very few I can be bothered to write up. The cream has risen.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Goat Square Barossa Valley Shiraz Grenache Mataro 2006

Here is the last of my Glug self selected quaffer tasting pack.

Quite a dark cherry red. This is actually fairly smooth with a nice full mouthfeel. Fruit is mellow, but has some interesting flavours due to the blend. Slight spiciness, and a decent finish with very light acid and not much dryness. Somewhat suprising that it has as much body as it does since there is not really much fruit, and the tannins are very mild.

I'd describe it as a full bodied medium flavoured quaffer. Glug describe it as a blend that Shiraz drinkers would like, but I reckon it'd also suit the Merlot fans. Decent value at $8. Enjoyed much more than the Garagiste MGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment