I do this blog for fun, the wines here are some of the very few I can be bothered to write up. The cream has risen.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Gemtree Uncut Shiraz 2008

Dark, almost black, maroon red. Earthy bouquet showing early.

Slight acid, medium berry fruit, with a slightly dry tart finish.

Think this one needs to breathe a bit more....

Going excellent with a non chilli butter chicken, the acid level is perfect for that. The bouquet never really showed much of anything more, and I'd really like more fruit from a McLaren Vale shiraz. If you like Cab Savs you'd probably like this one.

Bought this for $17 and I'd say priced about right at that. But having said that, I'd like to see how it is in 5 years, too much acid and tannin for me right now.

PS. Finally bit the bullet, on Twitter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment