I do this blog for fun, the wines here are some of the very few I can be bothered to write up. The cream has risen.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Garagiste Barossa Valley Mataro Grenache Shiraz 2007

A Glug distributed wine again. I had some high hopes for this as it's main fruit is Mourvedre (Mataro), and I really want to see this variety used more, preferably on it's own.

Unfortunately this one just isn't up to the value for money of the other Glugs I've tried. It's a bit thin, lacks any real fruit, not exactly smooth, and well it's just kinda disappointing.* I paid $8 so I don't expect too much, but I'd be asking for a refund if I'd paid the $15.99 Glug are saying it's reduced from.

I've reviewed this alongside Glug's Goat Square Barossa Valley Shiraz Grenache Mataro 2006, check out that review here.

* please read my followup comment on this

1 comment:

  1. Just had another taste of this from a different bottle. Not sure what's going on but it's definately better than the original bottle I reviewed. It's still not up to par against the Goat, but it is at least showing some fruit and body. Still not a $16 wine, but not unhappy at $8 like I was with the last bottle.

    ReplyDelete