I do this blog for fun, the wines here are some of the very few I can be bothered to write up. The cream has risen.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kimbolton House Block Shiraz 2008

I discovered Kimbolton wines via the Winehouse in Langhorne Creek, which is a cellar door for a number of local LC wineries. They also do functions there, well worth a visit. In fact the entire area is probably underrated for it's wines.

Dark crimson on the pour. Blackberries, noticeable but quality oak and Indian spices on an intense and somewhat hot nose. The blackberries follow on the tongue with hints of white pepper and salami. Medium bodied with silky tannins, the acid balance is very good.

The fruit intensity isn't as expected from a 2008, and I'd like more complexity but perhaps that will come in time when the oak settles in a bit. There's a lot to like about this wine despite my somewhat harsh judgement, and at $20 it's reasonable VFM.

Recommended+ and ***

No comments:

Post a Comment