I do this blog for fun, the wines here are some of the very few I can be bothered to write up. The cream has risen.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sieber Road 2009 GSM

It smelt bloody good pouring it in the decanter, and 2 hours later it smells even better in my glass.

I'm not a huge fan of Grenache, but the Frenchies in Rhone got it right when they blended it with Shiraz and Mourvedre. This is luscious and slurpable. Not sure whether to lick my chops or suck on the glass.

I really like all these Sieber Road wines, and I sometimes wonder whether I've been swayed to buying them by the very affable Val Sieber. Then again, when I enjoy them this much I don't really care.

This is everything I want in a slightly lighter weight wine for summer drinking, it's red fruit dominant but there's some black and blue too, tannins not too challenging for a warm evening, and just the right amount of acid for food or sipping slightly chilled (about 15C).

Recommended and ****, particularly good value in dozens from their website or cellar door.

No comments:

Post a Comment