I do this blog for fun, the wines here are some of the very few I can be bothered to write up. The cream has risen.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Crabtree Hilltops Shiraz 2008

This took about 2 hours to open up properly, and although it was quite good to start with, it's really singing now after 3 hours. On the olfactory senses it's overtly hitting me with black fruits, then following that up with subtle spices and quality oak.

My gustatory senses are enjoying the harmonious balance of silky velvet tannins, good quality obvious fruit with lively acid on a full bodied frame. A long finish leaves me satisfied, briefly, as it's more-ish. It went brilliantly with a top notch home made pizza.

There's none of this left at cellar door, and hasn't been for quite some time. They're into the 2009  there now, if there's any left of that. I got lucky and found some of this at a bottle shop, so keep your eyes peeled.

Rated Highly Recommended and ****.

No comments:

Post a Comment