I do this blog for fun, the wines here are some of the very few I can be bothered to write up. The cream has risen.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tait Ball Buster 2010 (Shiraz Cab Merlot)

In case anyone is worried, I drank it and my balls are ok.

However, I must take issue with the back label:

"She's broad shouldered, built like a stallion..."

I really am keen to avoid visualising that.

So, back label rates Unacceptable in my book. In a certain Thai area perhaps it rates higher.

The wine itself is considerably better, black and blue fruit, decent hit of oak, balance is good with a nice blend of Barossa richness and yet still some a savoury undertone.

I want to rate it Recommended but the back label is just so bad in many ways. If you like 'em rich without being overly sweet then this should suit you, and at $18ish ****

No comments:

Post a Comment